Take a memory stroll with me through the breezy pavilion that is the Ithaca Farmer’s Market, where I felt right at home.
Oh Ithaca, you beautifully crunchy city of gorges and granola. You made my heart swell in so many ways even in spite of COVID limitations. When I think of this summer trip to Ithaca, I will recall:
- A long drive on country roads
- The brightest of strawberries at every farmer’s stall
- Cakey cider doughnuts and coffee
- An impromptu mulberry harvest
- A night sky with a crisp view of the stars
- Hiking uphill for the reward of seeing water cascading over rock cliffs (and the extra reward of making room for extra ice cream)
- Winery dogs, winery views, and obviously, the wine
- The way a log transformed into the most ergonomic float in a watering hole
- Bonding with friends in a way that would shape my entire summer
If you ever get the chance to visit Ithaca, be sure to stop at the farmer’s market. The breezy pavilion was filled with such beauty and bounty, which we transformed into a pancake brunch board extravaganza (more on that to come!).