Ripened Tomato Pasta with Chorizo
Though this ripened tomato pasta dish is easy, it still feels special, and it's easy to adapt with what you have on hand. You can jazz it up with fresh herbs, use a different flavor profile of sausage, or a different meat entirely. It's also easy to make gluten-free.
- 1 ¼ cups uncooked red lentil rotini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 oz chorizo sausage (1 link)
- 4-6 tomatoes-on-the-vine coarsely chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Cook and drain the pasta, as directed on the package.
Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic in oil for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
Add the chorizo link; cook, breaking up with a spoon or metal spatula, until browned and cooked through, 5–7 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are soft and the sauce is slightly thickened.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes. Season with the Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more, then serve the sauce over the pasta.
Garnish with grated parmesan cheese & enjoy!