“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
If I distilled down my humble understanding of this world to one statement, it would be the above quote. Month by month, day by day, even hour by hour, I feel my life cinching closer and closer to that something I wanted. For the longest time, I didn’t fully know what that something was, but the picture is becoming clear, and accordingly, I am brimming with gratitude.
I’ve hinted here and there about a larger collaboration in store. The time feels right to reveal this new HUGE chapter of my life, on this here beloved corner of my world. In the most organic way, two of my close friends became my business partners, and soon, soon, soon, we will open the doors to 4121 MAIN. This collaboration stems from our friendship, from our backgrounds, our passions and our pursuit of quality through curated details.
Through a brick & mortar and website collaboration, our individual passions will have a much larger platform and a greater potential. I am equally excited and humbled by the way our friends and community have begun to rally around us. From plumbing, to trucking wood, to walking us through an entire branding exercise, to setting up a time lapse system… even to volunteering to move boxes, I am overwhelmed with gratitude!
In addition to 4121 MAIN developments, I’ve experienced so many meaningful moments lately…
- My talented photographer friend surprised me with polaroids of my beloved dog, reminding me what a gift a photo can be and how much that four-legged friend has changed my life for the best.
- Making pizzas, dancing around and acting a fool with that handsome Urban Farmer. He brings a smile to my face every day! And he’s breaking ground! Excitement all around!
- I had the opportunity to meet a veteran blogger, pick her brain and have a grand ol’ conversation while sitting in some crazy red chairs here.
- A surprise parcel of #TBT worthy recipe collections.
- Supporting my friend in her brave fight against injustices.
… and so many more meaningful moments! The list is long, but I’m trying my best to express my gratitude to the individuals and the universe at large. On that note, thank you, dear readers, for humoring my words, wanderings and grainy adventures. It means a lot!
Now, perhaps it’s time to pick up my copy of The Alchemist and begin reading anew!