Welcome to Gather, a shop in Sewickley, PA, a gorgeous suburb of Pittsburgh, filled with enough historical homes to put driving and gawking at dangerous odds.
From the moment I first saw this space, my mind began scheming of events I would throw here (as well as how perfect the second floor would be as a photo studio!). Well, the time has finally come.
This May, I’m partnering with my friend and cookbook author Lindsey Smith, aka the Food Mood Girl, to bring you a styling and marketing workshop called Plate Your Story, and we’re extra grateful to Denise Shirley, the owner of Gather, since she will be hosting us (the workshop will be on the second floor). Keep reading for the workshop details, as well as a preview of all the beautiful props we’ll have at our disposal for styling vignettes.
Plate Your Story
Come learn how to plate your story.
Whether you are a health and wellness coach, chef or aspiring food blogger, in this hands-on workshop, we will teach you how to take your passion for food and lifestyle to the next level. Whether you’re just starting, have a website, or are focusing on social media, together, we’ll curate visual and written content to showcases your brand.
We’ll provide the food, backdrops and props to help you plate your story. We’re keeping this workshop small, so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time to ask questions and receive personal feedback.
The best part? We’ll do it all over a healthy brunch in this beautiful space.
This half-day workshop includes:
- A beautifully styled brunch buffet (gluten-free and vegan options!)
- A hands-on styling session with food & prop stylist, Quelcy Kogel (that’s me!)
- A PR & branding session with cookbook author and health coach, Lindsey Smith
- A gift bag full of health and food items that we’ll be styling throughout the day (value $127)
You’ll leave with:
- Content and photos for your media outlet.
- A branding + PR guide to help you continue to build your platform
- A networking opportunity and a community of new creative friends
PLATE YOUR STORY
DATE: Sunday, May 21, 2017
TIME: 11AM – 4PM EST
424 Beaver Street
Sewickley, PA 15143
Stay tuned to the Facebook event page, where we’ll be posting updates about our various sponsors (so many good ones!) and hopefully, I’ll be seeing you on May 21st!